11 Comments

Funny Food Combos

August 28th, 2009 Posted in Stef Ann Holm Blog by Stef Ann

The other night, my husband slathered butter on a . . . brownie.  I can honestly say, I have never once seen someone put butter on a brownie.  Then again, my husband puts butter on anything so I shouldn’t have been surprised.

800px-NCI_butter

I put catsup on tacos.  I have for as long as I can remember.  I also put catsup on ox tail soup.  I haven’t had it since I lived at home with the folks.  That was a dish my mother made.  She got me started on the catsup on tacos too.  My stepdaughters think it’s weird.  It probably is.

But so is butter on a brownie.

So what’s your funny food combos?

1. Kathleen says:

I can’t say I have unusual combo’s, but I do like to put sour creme on a lot of foods, not just baked potatoes and perogies…

2. Bob says:

i love to put mayonnaise on just about everything. yes, even hotdogs-which my family thinks is weird. my dad tries to make me eat ketchup on them, i just throw it to my pigs. if i was going to eat any other condiment on my food it’d have to be mustard. that’s my second favorite next to miricale whip. ketchup is dead last, though i do enjoy it on corn-my step grandpa got my mom started who in return got me started on that.

3. Bob says:

what are perogies? is that a food or a place?

4. Stef Ann says:

So Bob, who is it in your family reading my books–or is it you?

Perogie (however you spell it) is a food.

5. Stef Ann says:

Kathleen,

I enjoy sour cream as well. Mostly on a taco with the catsup.

6. Tarah says:

butter on a brownie was something Papa Chan started, before his heart attack.
    Butter on ANYTHING is delicious. ;)

7. Tarah says:

OH, and catsup on tacos is wierd! Have you ever done hot sauce in tomato soup?

8. Stef Ann says:

I’m not a hot/spicy food person, so nope–no hot sauce on anything. And butter–I never ate it until I met your father. :-) I was raised on margarine.

9. Loretta says:

I put catsup on my taco’s too. could be because I don’t do hot sauce either.
    I’ve ALWAYS put catsup on my tacos.
    butter on a brownie… sounds like I might need to try that.
    I love butter, my mother tells me I used to swipe my fingers in the butter when I was very young.
    although it was probably margarine.

if I eat mexican food… rice and beans… I have to mix them up together. don’t like them individually by themselves.

other food combos? well… I just like food!!

10. Stef Ann says:

Loretta,

I’m with you. I just like food too. And I never care if anything touches on my plate. It all ends up in the same spot anyway!

11. Kathy says:

I HAVE PUT BUTTER ON CHEDDAR CHEESE.